Guidelines for posting questions

jeff
Site Admin

Guidelines for posting questions

Post by jeff » Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm

(more to come later)

1. We are focused on first-year physics classes (general physics, intro to physics, physics with calculus, etc.). Be sure your question is from that type of material. (This type of class typically begins with kinematics and usually ends with optics, but sometimes relativity or atomic physics.)

2. To ask a question, just click on the Physics Help forum, and then click the New Topic button.

3. Show as much of your work as you can. Our purpose is to help you with your physics problems. Generally speaking, if you're stuck on a problem we will describe the next step to take in doing your problem, and why.

jeff
Site Admin

Re: Guidelines for posting questions

Post by jeff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:29 pm

Errors while submitting a topic (question) or other post?

Earlier today the site was displaying errors/warnings whenever a post was submitted. (The post itself was created successfully.) I made some very minor edits to one of the php files that I believe should have corrected the issue.

However, if you every try to post and receive strange warning at the very top of your page, please let me know! If you are able to take a screenshot that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!